Sunday, August 19, 2018

From Nothingness

I'll pretend not to care until everything goes numb.
When the world drains itself of color
Like a slow faucet, spiraling and sputtering,
Turning black and white,
That's when I'll finally find peace in the fact that
I couldn't remember the color of your eyes.

When the beating of my heart
Becomes muffled in the stillness of the gray,
And my lungs fill themselves with void -
I will rejoice in that euphoric emptiness.
Your heartbeat was always a mystery to me, and
Apathy is a welcomed friend to drying cheeks.

I have spent so many nights wandering streets
Crowded with the yawning ghosts of your memory,
Attempting to pluck your scent from the
Glittering wisps of forgotten thought.
If I angle your face just right in the street lights,
I swear I can almost see your breath.

From nothingness,
And utter abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment