Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too...

... If It Weren't For You Meddling Word Count!!


What I'm Working On?
     The honest to God truth? Absolutely nothing. And I LOVE IT. Now, now, before you get your literary knickers in a metaphorical twist, I have to tell you all that I have been TIRED. I know what you're thinking; "Well of course you're tired, Sarah. That's every college student." Yes, but tired is a very relative term. Tired can mean anything from "I'm fed up with this particular situation" to "I'm literally about to pass out because I haven't been able to shut my brain off for the past two months straight". I'm erring on the side of the latter.

     But no worries! I've already completed my narrative, and I'm ready to share it with my fellow Glowdarkians and my comrades, the Zenfadenites, on the 22nd! There are just a couple more revisions I need to make, but aside from that, I'm more than comfortable allotting a little bit of time to recuperate. 

Word Count: 154

How I Feel About The Process?
    FUCKING. AMAZING.

         ...zzz zzz zzz

What Am I Reading Right Now?
     The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I saw our main man, Stephen, recommended we take a look at his work and observe his writing techniques. Ironically enough, I started reading The Road about a day before I read King's entry. I honestly thought I would hate The Road. In the beginning, I couldn't really get behind his style - not once does he use a single quotation mark - but I actually ended up finding this stylistic nuance quite interesting. It makes for a poetic, flowery narrative complimented by a dark and dismal arc. I kind of love it so far! I'm about 100 pages in and I'm eager to continue!

     Looking for Scooby Snacks,

           - A Meddling Kid

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your narrative submission. Enjoy your rest!

    ReplyDelete