Wednesday, February 8, 2017

It's a Word Count, My Dear Watson.

     ... and it's quite elementary!


What I've Been Working On
      Well, let me tell you, friends. I've actually written a little bit of something! Vague, I know, but I think it'll turn out to be something worth showing you guys. I already shared my idea with my fellow Glowdarkians today, and they were very encouraging, and consequently, inspiring. I am officially three pages into something not so terrible! I will have something of substance to turn in on the 22nd.

Word Count: 621

How I Feel About The Process
     Like I've reiterated time and time again to you guys via blog, I have been scarily busy balancing school and work. The process has been slow-going, but I fit in the time to write here and there, during lunch breaks or when astronomy homework gets too out-of-this-world. Luckily, I feel like I might be getting a workload reprieve here in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to crank out ALL of the words once I have enough storage space freed up in the brain.

What Am I Reading Right Now?
     Besides "On Writing" by Stephen King, I haven't had much time to start a new book. I'm still deciding at the moment. I have tons of books on my TBR list, just waiting to be revived from my dusty bookshelf. I'm sure I'll work around to that soon. I sincerely miss my relationship with my books. It's honestly my lifeblood. I finished up "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn last week, and I was very happy with it overall. The ending seemed a little rushed, but hey, I can relate. I get a little too excited to finish something as monumental as a book as well. Other than that, however, the book was just fine. I gave it a 7/10*.

     This Porridge is Just Right, Watson

             -Sherlilocks Holmes

*I've never given a book a 10/10, and I'm very sparing with my 9s

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me you are writing a children's book called "Sherlilocks Holmes."

    Whatever the project, I am glad that progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but that would be amazing! I'll chalk that up to ponder ;) My narrative is much more adult. It's coming along quite well so far. I've found a relatively successful way to implement my poetic prowess. Excited to see this through!

      Delete