Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I'm Not Dead Yet!!

     Look, I get it. You're disappointed.

     "You've had this blog up for a week and you haven't posted a single thing, Sarah."

     
I know, I know, you don't have to tell me twice. Slap me on the wrist with a ruler if it makes you feel better, but I don't regret a thing. Don't get me wrong; I want to post, but I haven't had a single lick of time since I created this mess of an online journal. And no, this isn't just a lame excuse to abandon my blogging endeavors in pursuit of laziness and binge-watching Netflix originals. Maintaining four college courses, and a long-term, long-distance relationship, while working forty hours a week is challenging for anyone.

     Wade Bradford, my Creative Writing professor at Moorpark College, has given us the interesting opportunity to experiment with various writing techniques and projects. Recently, he suggested we create a picture book of roughly 30 or so pages. I have personally never written for a young audience, but it's not something I would completely dismiss. I had a really good idea rolling around: a kind of elementary spin on Edgar Allan Poe's short stories and poems. Unfortunately, this idea has not yet come to fruition as my schedule has been about as hectic and confusing as a lactose-intolerant Wisconsonite at a cheese curd festival. Excuses aside, I still plan to partake in this experiment as it does sound quite interesting. I might even go as far as providing my own illustrations (as this is just an experiment for me), and work with it from there.

     Today, however, Wade suggested we write a song. Now, poetry is a bit further up my babbling and somewhat treacherous brook of literature expertise. I've written quite a few songs in the past, some of which I've composed music for, and others I've shipped off to the deep recesses of my recycling bin. But let me tell you this, my fellow writers: I will not fail you now. I will write the best damned song I can procure from the bowels of my brain - within the 5 days provided, that is.

     Bis Dann,

                -A Cheese Curd Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment