Friday, January 27, 2017

Wyrd-Count Wednesday!

...or rather... Untimely Thursday.

     I'm sorry to inform you all that my laptop has taken an inevitable, irretrievable voyage to the shitter. While I work on scrounging up student discounts and coupons for a new one, I'll be using my boyfriend's for the time being. What a sweetheart, amiright?

     Anyway, shall we begin our counting, my bibliophile phriends?

What Am I Working On?
      So I've decided I'm going to begin my journey along the path of narrative. Yes, I'm going to begin brainstorming the first few pages of a story in media res, as good ol' Bradford suggested we do. I have a great idea a'brewing already, and I'm excited to share it with all of you.
      In other news, I'm working on a poem or two for the MPC Literary Magazine (I can hear Dan cheering in the back as I write). I plan on submitting quite a few works, but to be completely honest, I'm not quite confident enough to send it in. I'm hoping running it by a willing few might up my ante, if you know what I mean.

How Do I Feel About The Process?
     To put it bluntly: I am incapable of predicting how this is going to turn out, as of yet. This could be pure literary gold... but more than likely, this is going to do fuck-all for my portfolio. ... My confidence is bursting!

What Am I Reading Now?
       My current read is "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn. It's actually the first book I've ever read of hers (don't gawk, I completely understand how ludicrous that is). I'm enjoying it so far. She's practically the epitome of what I look for in an author. Maturity, brevity, humility, and kick-assity. I'm not usually one for murder-mysteries, but she is KILLIN' IT.

     More updates to come as my laptop situation rectifies. I regret to inform you all that I will not be present in class on Monday to share my progress, but I will return on Wednesday with a (hopefully) thrilling narrative!

     Adieu,
              -A Fellow Bibliophile

No comments:

Post a Comment