Thursday, March 16, 2017

Count. Word Count.

... on a bond-worthy Thursday night.

What I'm Working On
I've started a new narrative!!! "Oh but Sarah, aren't you working on your really rad angel vs. demon trilogy???" Why, yes I am, young bibliophile! I just sprouted a little idea-bud in class on Wednesday during one of Bradford's beautiful lessons and decided to roll with it... and personally I'm having a lot more fun writing this one. Spectra, my new narrative, is based around a sub-class of humans who can hear colors. It get's all political and gorey, but you'll see as the story progresses. I've decided to post it in installments, just like my Satanica narrative. I hope you all like it! I'll probably be posting installments every week or so :)

Word Count: 2132

How I Feel About The Process
I'm having SO MUCH FUN writing this piece. I'm aiming for roughly 150-200 pages. It's a lot of fun because I get to show off my nerdy science prowess and my love of dialogue and story-telling! (Not to mention I get to throw in some romance, comedy, and subliminal political subtext).

What I'm Reading Right Now
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things by Martina McAtee. I'M. IN. LOVE. Talk to me about it in class, why don't you? I'd love to turn some people on to the supernatural/LGBTQ friendly/burton-esque fantasy world McAtee creates <3

Shaken, Not Stirred
         - Golden-Eye 007

1 comment:

  1. Whoo-hoo! I'm so happy that exciting stuff is going on! And at this stage, it's a good part of the process to follow your new ideas and see where they lead you.

    Eventually, you will arrive at a project in which you become so invested in the characters you must finish the book/novella/short story. And sometimes it's good to start writing / developing something and then let it cook for a while.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete